Encostic Wax and Found Materials

Sunday, June 28, 2009


So this is the inside of the dishwasher piece, I played around with typography a little, and pattern detail. The original idea was to do the pattern across the whole piece in the background...but I don't know, it didn't seem like it would turn out too well. I still need to add some things to this one, like, I think I want to do a solid background color, burgundy maybe. I like my different take on the prompt again, drawing is boring, but I still did what you asked Brandt, I started with drawing from observation. :D.

1 comment:

  1. Again, nice take on the prompt. So far you seem to be excelling at 2-D design. I can definitely tell that you drew from observation based on how well the cup was drawn. This reminds me of an Art Nouveau design in that it has extensive patterns, stylized lines and the use of words as design elements. Another characteristic of this movement is large solid shapes, usually black or white. I'd hesitate before adding color-- you might have something with the simplicity of B&W. Consider creating white designs in black spaces (similar to the pos/neg assignment from last semester). Good job so far!

    ReplyDelete