Encostic Wax and Found Materials

Sunday, June 14, 2009

TRAPPED INSIDE OF A CLOSET




This is the inside of a closet prompt and...I meant to have completed a more "traditional" inside of a closet piece today also, but I need acrylic paint. SO...maybe by next monday. But, I like the idea that I took for this piece, my focus being texture. The photo doesn't do this piece justice, however, the hands I drew from observation, are bonded with twine, On this piece, I used rough twine for my medium and painted it black with red. I'm not much of a drawer so I really ventured out for this piece. On the bottom of the piece, again the photo doesn't really show, I wrote, "trapped inside of a closet." That's it for June 15th, I'll keep it coming.

2 comments:

  1. This is an unusual interpretation of the prompt. I'll admit that I'm having a difficult time seeing the image. Paint and twine? Good job posting and sticking to the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think thats so cool at first glance i thought it was the hand under tension but i read and thats so cool. i love the idea that you didnt do traditional inside of the closet

    ReplyDelete