Encostic Wax and Found Materials

Sunday, July 19, 2009


So, another "just for fun" piece. This started out as a pencil sketch, of pencils in our pencil drawer. We are running very low on pencils actually, being the summer and all. But Oh My...I do like this one. As always, I have to give what all is wrong with it, like.... there is some sploosh on the pencils at the very, very, bottom center of the piece. I picked the color yellow for the... what should that be called? A Splat? Yes... A Splat I think....Because pencils are yellow!!! My pencils looked better in pencil, but they weren't as bold as the horizontal lines/lettering, so, I had to make them stand out, and then, the Splat looked distracting and not purposedly created, so I had to make it bolder with a black outline... And yes ladies and gentlemen, you are looking at my pencil drawer. Just lovely.

2 comments:

  1. I like the yellow spot in the middle and the words made you take another look. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this piece because you did a good job making a pencil drawer interesting. The splat is whats the word... fun and i also like that you incorporated words.

    ReplyDelete