Encostic Wax and Found Materials

Sunday, July 19, 2009


So, I am posting some summer art work, that I am just doing for fun, not homework, but you know, I thought I'd share. This is called "Sunglasses", as you can see is scrawled along the left side of the board. And...hopefully you can see the image for the title. This isn't my favorite, both this piece, and the piece above started out as pencil sketches, but I kept adding more and more. I used the same material twine for each of what would be plastic on these sunglasses, that I used on "Trapped inside of a Closet". I like the material. The twine is brown but I painted it purple and put liquitex over it. Then I added Black fabric for the shades, and incorporated some of it again along the left edge. It is cut very ragged, which is why I think I went too fast. I need to slow down. But then it looked plain so I added some pattern to the background....and...yeah...sunglasses...everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment